Date and peanut butter energy balls
It makes approximately 24
- 120 gr ½ cup natural, smooth peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 8 Medjool dates cut in four with stones removed
- 2 tablespoons honey agave or maple syrup
- 120 gr 1 cup ground almonds (or ground rolled oats)
- 70 gr ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 40 gr ¼ cup flaxseeds plus more for rolling
- 50 gr ½ cup shredded coconut plus more for rolling
- cocoa powder for dusting
- a pinch or two of sea salt
Put chopped dates, peanut butter and honey into a food processor and process until smooth.
Next add all the remaining ingredients to the food processor and process again, or you can transfer the peanut butter and dates mix into a large bowl. Then add the remaining ingredients for mixing by hand. Hand mixing means your processor will not overheat as the dough can be very thick and sticky before adding the ground almonds and seeds.
Roll the dough into 24 balls, divide in three groups and roll each group in shredded coconut, seeds and cocoa powder. Job done!
Keep the balls in the fridge in a lidded container for a week. I doubt they’ll last that long. You’re welcome.