Lahmacun with greek pita bread
Serve with Greek yogurt, sprinkle with parsley and don't forget the lemon wedges
- 350 gr ground lamb or mince
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely grated
- 2 ripe tomatoes peeled and grated
- 8-9 stalks of parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 chilli peppers if you love it spicy
- 1-2 lemons
- 2 packs of Deli Kitchen Greek pita breads
Place the lamb mince on your chopping board and pass your knife along vertically and horizontally to produce an even finer mince meat.
Meanwhile, warm up the olive oil in a pan, sizzle the onions and once translucent add the garlic. Add in the tomato paste, mix it and follow in with the finely chopped mince meat. Once the lamb is browned, pour in the chopped tomatoes and bring it to the boil. After 3-4 minutes add in the spices and lower the heat.
The mince meat sauce will need approximately 20-25 minutes on low-medium heat to cook and absorb the spices. If you like spicy food, add in the chilli peppers whole or sliced the last 5 minutes.
Once the mince meat is ready, let it rest and warm up the pita breads. Spread a heaped tablespoon of the mixture on each pita bread, sprinkle generously with parsley and enjoy!