Whilst we find ourselves in between storms here in London, there has been a timid glimpse of sunshine and I managed to mix together a batch of the easiest and tastiest biscuits: tahini and honey biscuits.
Head straight to the recipe.
No doubt, you are well acquainted with tahini. The toasted sesame spread once hard to find it is now ubiquitous. You certainly make your own hummus with it, if you don’t you certainly should. Falafel would simply not exist without tahini, let alone all the savory salad dressings. Here is one I made for Greek Biostores – more on this collaboration coming soon!
A spoonful of tahini when blend with a bit of honey, it makes in itself a wonderful breakfast spread to smoother on a warm slice of fresh bread. Its nutty flavour is also a great match with carob molasses, another great breakfast spread. But let’s get to these biscuits.
This little batch of tahini and honey biscuits are super easy to make, the base is tahini with honey and a bit of flour. You need just a handful of ingredients and I love the fact that you can make them so quickly.
Tahini and honey biscuits
- 5 tablespoons tahini
- 5 tablespoons thyme honey
- 130 gr flour
- ½ sachet baking powder
- ¼ sea salt
- A drop of vanilla essence
- 100 gr sesame seeds to coat
- In a bowl, mix together all your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mug, stir together the tahini, honey and a drop of vanilla. Transfer in your dry ingredients and mix until you get a smooth and non-sticky dough.
- If you think the dough is too wet, add a bit of flour.
- Use a shallow plate for the sesame seeds. Form small, walnut size balls of dough and roll them in sesame and flatten between your palms. You normally get approximately 22-25 biscuits.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 8-10 minutes, until the bottoms are golden.
I enjoyed them with mountain tea, sideritis that I always bring back from Greece. Feel free to make a large batch and dunk in your coffee too. They keep in an air-tight container for 3-4 Days.
From London with love,