for the love of filo pastry
Some posts are meant to be quick, just like the recipes: roast red pepper and feta parcels, with crunchy filo.
Filo pastry is one of the freezer staples. It sits just next to the kataifi pastry which is a bit more difficult to obtain. It gets out every other week and the filling is pretty much whatever needs using up from the fridge. This time I had a lonely roasted red pepper, feta is omnipresent as is Greek yogurt in my fridge. So it’s a no brainer, as with most pies.
Roasted red pepper and feta parcels
Servings: 8 individual pies
- ½ a pack of filo pastry
For the fillng
- 200 gr feta cheese
- 1-2 roasted red peppers from a jar
- ½ teaspoon dried mint
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- In a bowl, place the feta and crumble with a fork.
- Follow with the yogurt and a lightly beaten egg. Mix well
- Add the roasted red pepper and the dried mint, chopped.
- To roll, use just one sheet of filo pastry, place a generous amount of filling at the bottom of the sheet, fold in the sides and roll up.
- Place in a baking tray with the edge of the filo at the bottom
- Lightly brush with olive oil and bake at 180C/gas mark 5 for 20 minutes or until golden.
I hope you are also a fun of roasted red pepper & feta parcels, it will also work nicely in puff pastry if you fancy.
If you are after more savoury snacks, here you will find even more delicious pies, in all shapes and flavours.
from London with love,