Do you have breakfast? I hope you do, we all need to start our day full of energy. Classic scrambled eggs with a twist: Greek yogurt and spinach scrambled eggs.
I love spinach and this doesn’t only mean spanakopita. Although recently it’s the freezer that’s full of spinach bags, I often find a bit of baby spinach in the fridge too. It makes its way in many different dishes and salads, even smoothies. So, why not in breakfast?
Although an early riser, my breakfast is typically Greek, coffee first and we think about what else later. It’s impossible for me to eat first thing in the morning. If there is any positive side effects of lockdown 2.0 is that we can have immediate access to the kitchen. So it’s brunch almost every day!
A couple of eggs and a handful of spinach can always do the trick. Feel free to substitute the spinach with whatever greens you have sitting in your fridge. If you add a bit of goat’s cheese it is also wonderful.
Greek yogurt and spinach scrambled eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups spinach or other greens
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- sea salt flakes to serve
- black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until they start to wilt.
- Add in the pressed garlic and cook another 30 seconds or so, reducing the heat to low
- Whisk together the eggs and Greek yogurt and pour the egg/yogurt mixture over the greens. Don’t forget to season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- To cook the eggs, stir frequently to form small curds, you need about 8-10 minutes.
- You can garnish with sea salt flakes or add a white cheese such as feta or goat’s cheese.
I hope you enjoy this humble Greek yogurt and spinach scrambled eggs as well as many healthy and filling breakfasts/brunches. For some more healthy brunch options, check out the avocado toast or Swiss rosti.
from London with love,