I was talking in my last post about all these wonderful pantry ingredients we have sitting there and they can really save the day. Best example below: artichoke & roasted red pepper puffs with manouri cheese.
Head straight to the recipe.
Amongst the many stuff that hide at the dark side of our cupboards there are always a couple of delicacies. Chargrilled artichokes & roasted peppers are some of my favourites and whilst the later stand tall, the artichokes jar is a bit shorter and easily pushed to the back. Such a delight when such treasures come hiding from the shadows. As for the puff pastry, it is one of the basics that hides in the freezer. In plain sight. I am not always in the mood for making my own tart base you see.
This tart is as versatile as you can imagine and you can top it with anything seasonal that might be sitting in your fridge too.
Artichoke & roasted red pepper tart with manouri cheese
- 6-7 chargrilled artichokes
- 1-2 large red roasted peppers
- 100 grams of manouri cheese
- 1 largish onion cut in rounds
- Olive oil
- A couple of Thyme sprigs
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- A bit of honey to gloss
- Preheat your oven at 180 C and start assembling the tart
- Brush a baking tray with olive oil and arrange your puff pastry sheet. If you wish you can cut in portions before baking like I did.
- Brush with a bit more of olive oil the puff pastry and layer on each slice a couple of artichoke pieces, some roasted red pepper, the sliced onions and top with crumbled manouri cheese. You can pass over a bit of honey with olive oil to give them a nice caramelized finish (just a tiny bit).
- It needs around 15-20 minutes in the oven and it’s best served warm.
I hope you are enjoying quick savoury treats such as this delicious artichoke and roasted red pepper puff and that all is well at your side of the world.
from London with love,