Greek yoghurt, check – feta cheese, check- mint leaves check.this is the quickest and most Greek pie you will ever make: Greek yoghurt and cheese pie.
I am pretty sure you love Greek yoghurt either as breakfast with nuts and honey or as a light dessert, It is undoubtedly an innocent late evening meal. We definitely use it a lot and love it for its creaminess and rich yet refreshing flavour. It is one of the most versatile ingredients, from tzatziki to marinades, yoghurt is key to yumminess.
It’s not just me who loves it. The Vima gourmet food blog awards winners decided to celebrate our awards online and cook with Greek yoghurt. I decided to make a very simple pie and most importantly very quick pie.
for 16-18 square pieces tray 22×22 cm
- 400 gr Greek yoghurt
- 500 gr feta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 200 gr butter
- 150 gr self-raising flour
- 100 gr breadcrumbs
- a bit of sesame for decoration
- a couple of sprigs of fresh mint or 2 tbsp of dried mint
What to do:
- Melt the butter and beat butter and eggs
- In a large bowl combine eggs and butter mix with the crumbled feta cheese and yoghurt
- Fold in the flour and breadcrumbs as well as the mint.
- Transfer to a lightly buttered baking tray.
- Bake for 35-40 min in a preheated oven at 180 ºC.
I hope you get to enjoy this Greek yoghurt and cheese pie, this is only the beginning. For more yoghurt inspired recipes click below:
Eva from Real Family Food made tartelettes with yoghurt, honey & ginger- gluten & sugar free (Greek)
Maria from Bread and Tea made breakfast with orange and mint flavoured yoghurt and crunchy orange and chocolate granola.
Sofia from Sofeto, made a light bitter orange mousse with yoghurt and cream cheese, sugar free (Greek)by